Monday, July 28, 2008

CHILLLING IN TRINIDAD!!

Hey Guys!

Sorry I have been offline for the past week... its been a crazy week!! After one chill day in Trinidad... Show... Rehearsal... Travel... Show... Travel... Show!!

July 21: Chill day. We decided to walk the streets of Trinidad. As we are walking from our hotel (awesome hotel with a spectacular view of the sea), there is this Trini lady walking beside us and telling us that she is going to Mumbai next week... how funny is that! On a street corner I buy kairi (sliced mango like the ones you get on the streets of Mumbai). I remove my wallet to pay the lady vendor and out of nowhere a man's hand comes to my face and I hear '5 dollars'... scary huh!

Shopping street... a bit like Goa... only black Trini people... not very friendly... puts you on guard. But the music blasting from the mobile music stores / boomboxes every 20 feet on either side of the street lightens up the mood. So Glen decided to let his hair down and accompany on of the bootleggers on the streets on Trinidad (check out the pic).

Pizza for lunch (after a long time... yummy!!)... snack and water shopping at a general store and off to the hotel for rehearsals... yeah!! Mads joining us in LA... we are all so looking forward to it!

No comments: