Monday, August 18, 2008

NOW WE ARE IN LONDON... !!

Hey Guys!!
Sorry for the long absence.
We've been having a great time in Chicago and now in New York. Tomorrow we leave for London. Some random updates below. More from London.
Love... Glen


August 8, 2008:
8.30am: Rohan and Shruti knock on my door... they've come to deposit their bags in my room... one hour earlier than they are supposed to... never mind.
9.30am: One by one the dancers come to deposit their personal bags into my room. So my room will be the luggage room until we get back to New York after Chicago.
10.30am: Shiraz and I rushed two blocks down the street to "Vienese Deli" for the most economical ($10.59 for both of us) breakfast which included fried eggs, brown bread toast and coffee for me, and scrambled eggs, white bread toast and tea for Shiraz. One of the best breakfasts I have had on the trip. I stopped to think... just like the best things in life are free... you dont need to spend a lot to have a good time or a good breakfast.
11.00am: We are supposed to leave at this time... but the bus circles round the (busy) block to pick up four more passengers.
12noon: Bus drive from New York to Philly (Philadelphia). We are quite a noisy fun loving bunch. But after some time everyone is knocked out. Sleep takes over. Somewhere enroute (1 hour before Philadelphia) we stop for lunch at a Burger King. How I hate fast food… but some times you don’t have a choice so…


Flashback Chicago… sorry I haven’t updated my blog for nearly a week… just didn’t feel like it… ha ha…

August 10, 2008: The Unforgettable show rocked Chicago too. We missed Madhuri… she didn’t perform in Chicago. It’s unbelievable how the dancers and our crew do this. Perform full blast in Atlantic City on the 9th. Drive early next morning the next to Philadelphia to take the flight to Chicago. Fly to Chicago. Lunch. Go to venue. Set up. Re-energize and perform full blast again. Two back to back show with travel in the middle. And still rocking. After the show we bring in Shruti’s (Ghosh) birthday. And we laugh and scream our heads out in the dining room. I guess it’s a combination exhaustion and the knowledge of the fact that the next show is five days away… J

August 11, 2008:
Most of us skipped breakfast and slept in. Late Indian lunch (organized by the promoters… sweet of them) in the hotel itself. I always wonder why, whenever we are on tour, they insist on feeding us Indian food. Why can’t they understand that we eat Indian food every day at home in India. We are in a different city and would like to enjoy the local cuisine. But then what is American cuisine?? McDonalds and Burger King?? Ha ha… Forget it… I prefer Indian food anytime… even if it is Dal and Rice! Yummy!! I miss my Mummy!!
The Unforgettable Pool Party: After dinner some of them dove into the pool. Our fish Ziana is every day to dive into the waters. Daddy feels proud to see her mermaid swim so happy. Then the boys get into a crazy mood and grab Laxmi (jeans and all) and dunk her into the pool. The pool party begins. Smart me. I take off my Tshirt (I am wearing shorts) and sit by the pool with my feet in the water… ha ha… there goes their chance of throwing me in the water. Next is Khushbu, and then Lynn, and then another… the boys are betting on Nazim… the bid has gone up to $200 to throw Nazim in the pool… ha ha… Nazim and I conspire that I will throw him in the pool and we will split the winnings… ha ha… that never happened… and then Dimple (she is totally afraid of water… hydrophobia, is that what its called) is thrown in the water… Vijay calms her down. Secutiry guard comes by… just to tell us the pool will be closing in 3 minutes. Awwwwwwwwwwww… Deeba and Poonam arrive. Deeba senses a conspiracy and runs away from outside the door. Poonam enters the poolside only to be grabbed by the boys the thrown into the pool, jeans, jacket and all! Whatte fun!! Everyone it totally charged. We decide to meet in Rohan and Shruti’s room after. Played a fun game… Shiraz and Rizwana were the den… they had to ask questions and find out what the game was… every question they asked one of us, we answered as if the question was asked to the person sitting to our right… great fun… after a long time… Rohan Shah (who started the game) jumped to their rescue… eventually Rizwana figured it out.
Then we played Mahzi’s game, “Can I come to the Party”. Email Mahzi at mahzi@shiamak.com and she will explain the game to you… ha ha ha


August 12, 2008: We decided to get out into the city. So Nikhil arranged some cars and limousines… yes, limousines… J with the hotel to drop us to Barington train station. When we arrived, we had just missed the 12.30pm train. The next train was at 2.30pm. Two hours to kill. It was lunch time anyway. So we decided to find some place to have lunch. We walked across the tracks and through a parking lot full of high end BMW bikes… picture time! And several Lexus, Mercedes and BMW cars. We walked by some ancient houses built in 1842, 1865, etc. Picture time. Burritos for lunch. How I love food!


WILL FILL IN THIS BLANK LATER... FAST FORWARD TO...


August 17, 2008: Another lazy morning. Woke up at 11.30am or so... Shiraz’s says there is a street market on Lexington Avenue (the same avenue as our hotel). She leaves to wander around with Ziana. I follow a little later. Veg pad thai for lunch. We had back to the hotel grab the bags and off to Grand Central Station to take the 1.48pm train to Valhala (a little outside New York) to visit our dear friend Jahaneen. Room keys don’t work… once again… Urgh!! We miss the 1.48. Now we are on the 2.48. Shiraz is reading to Ziana and I am blogging… some addiction this.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Glen,

Darshil Jhaveri and not Safary..hehe and yaa i was in SPB when u took SPB class after a long time..last year hehe..anyways thanks aton 4 keepin us updated..really feels good to know about everythin happening there :)

Thank you