Saturday, August 23, 2008

SIZZLING SHILPA!


August 23 2008: London: It is 4am. I can't sleep... I guess the bed it too big. :( I miss my babies. I message Mahzi that I miss her and I wish she was in London to see the show tomorrow. 5am. I have this sudden urge to eat chivda. I almost message the whole UFO team to try and get me some chivda tomorrow but I resist. 6am. I have a meeting in 4 and 1/2 hours. Must sleep for a couple of hours. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

10.15am: Enter Quilon Restaurant (next to the Crowne Plaza) for breakfast. I break into a big smile... guess who has already arrived... Shiamak, Marzi, Puneet, Puran Aunty and Uta... and the special surprize package... Mahzi!! Last night I was wishing she was here... and here she is!! How fabulous is that!

Breakfast. Meeting. Drive to the O2 Arena. Dancers left earlier in the bus. We are ten minutes from the Arena. The tunnel is jammed. Luckily we have not yet entered the tunnel. Ali (our sweet driver) turns the car around and takes another route. 8 minutes later we are at the arena. 1.30pm: Lunch


2.30pm: Shilpa Shetty arrives. Shilpa sizzles with Shiamak and The Shiamak Davar Dance Company. The crew applaud and cheer! Its Rocking!!


6pm: Full run through of the show for the TV crew. I think tomorrows show is going to be the best. During the Vishal / Shekhar act, Aneesha, Kashmira and I wander to the Catering Room to grab a cup of tea / coffee. Guess what's starting me in the face. Chivda. Mind blowing. Someone heard about my urge this morning... ha ha. After the finale' song Jhoom Barabar Jhoom, we jam to Mr. Bachchan's new Club version of Paan Banaraswala and Pag Ghungroo. Mind Blowing!! I couldn't help but get on stage and groove with the Unforgetable Team. And when the music stopped Mr. Bachchan entertained us some more with some excellent one liners on the mike. And then we took the most unforgetable picture of the tour!! Awesome!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Glen,
All the best for tonoight's show!I love how detailed ur blog is giving us a low down on all the fun you all are having and how the shows are going!I'm sure tonoight's show ill be rocking!All the very best to all of you and miss you all very much. Looking forward to seeing you all soon. Till then will be content with ur blog and UFO Diaries on NDTV Imagine :)
Take care.
Lots of love,
Devashree.